W/E 16th April 2017


Kiltubrid 1:8 Annaduff 0:14

Our first Division 2 outing of the season resulted in a good win away to Kilturid on Saturday.

Our hosts started the brighter and were denied a goal in the opening minutes by a fine save from Tom Flanagan, the goal was breached soon after however, Kilturid opening the scoring with a goal in the fourth minute. Eoin Gill opened Annaduff’s account after 8 minutes but Kiltubrid continued to have the better of the opening exchanges and led by 1:4 to 2 points after twenty minutes. Sean Duignan and Frank Mc added first half points to leave us trailing 1:6 to 5 at the interval. Annaduff stepped up a gear in the second half and played with more pace and intensity. Our defence held Kiltubrid to just two points over the closing half hour while points from Alan, Frank, Gavin, Eoin, Kenny and Sean moved the Annaduff return to 14 points.

Annaduff: Tom Flanagan, Dermot Reynolds, Keith Duignan, Dean Gill, Gary Bohan (Capt), Hugh Moylan, Mattie Cox, Donal McNabola, Kenny Cox (0:3), Conor Reynolds, Gavin O Brien (0:1), Eoin Gill (0:4), Sean Duignan (0:3), Frank McNabola (0:2), Alan Glancy (0:1). Subs Used: Dillon Keane, Adam O Hagan


Allen Gaels 1:11 Annaduff 1:10

Our second team lost by the narrowest of margins away to Allen Gaels on Sunday. Allan opened the scoring for Annaduff but Allen Gaels scored 5 points without reply over the following 7 minutes. With 10 minutes gone and Annaduff trailing by three, Adam O Hagan collected the ball in his own half, charged up the field at pace and blasted the ball to the back of the net to level the match. Conor Reynolds then gave Annaduff the lead but the Drumshanbo men continued to point from distance and added a goal after 20 minutes, by half time the margin was 5 points in favour of Allen Gaels. Like our D2 performance, our backs shut up shop in the second half and for 28 minutes conceded two points while Alan and Frank added 7 to tie the game with two minutes remaining. Gaels got the final point of the match with 90 seconds left on the clock to take the win.

Annaduff: Kevin Ludlow, Keith Duignan, Gary Bohan, Tom Flanagan, Adam O Hagan (1:0), Owen Reynolds, James Riordan, Mathew Reynolds (Capt), Conor Reynolds (0:!), Sean Duignan (0:1), Gavin O Brien, Frank McNabola (0:4), Johnny O Connor, Alan Glancy (0:4), Aaron Duignan. Sub Used: Nigel Cox.

U 17s

Our U17s Were in action twice last week we were host to Kilturbit on Tuesday the 4th, a game that had been postponed previously due to the bad weather. The first half the sides were fairly even, point for point with the Annaduff lads edging slightly ahead at the break 1-7 to Kilturbit 1-5. The second half started with 2 goals in quick succession from Michael Cox in the 6th and 8th minute. Kilturbit were in no doubt they had a hill to climb. The Annaduff lads stuck at it to see the game out finishing with a full time score of Annaduff 3-12 to Kilturbit 1-09 Team : Caolan Quigley, Francis Shanley, Joe O Carroll, Jack Kelly, Jonathan Harte, Martin Earley, Jack Hughes(0-2), Colm Fitzpatrick(0-2), Jason Lyons(0-2), Michael Cox(3-1), Daniel Hamilton, Jason Ward(0-1), Liam Taylor(0.4),

U17s Were away to Leitrim gaels on Thursday 6th. Leitrim seem to hit the ground running scoring 1-3 before Liam Taylor got the Annaduff men on the board from a free. The half time score Leitrim 3-13 to Annaduff 0-3 The Annaduff lads kept working throughout but not enough to close the gap, full time Annaduff 2-04 to Leitrim Gales 5-25 Team: Caolan Quigley, Joe O Carroll, Francis Shanley, Colm Fitzpatrick, Jack Kelly, Martin Earley(0-1), Jack Hughes, Jonathan Harte, Jason Lyons, Michael Cox(1-0), Liam Taylor(0-1), Jason Ward(1-0), and Declan Gill(0-2), Subs :Padraig Kane, Cormac Kane, Keelan Lynch and Michael Murray.

The U17s are due to play Rinn Gaels this evening (Wednesday) at 7pm

Best Wishes

Wishing TP and Eileen many happy years of retirement from the Brandywell, thanks for all the support over the years and looking forward to seeing you both at an Annaduff game soon.